Last week we asked… You answered. The most anticipated thing about upcoming Pandora is The Bioluminescence… Great Pick Helen!!
Now let’s see what we will find this week!
Remember 1991? No probably not… Some of you may not have been born yet 🙂 Beauty and the Beast? The first animated picture to be nominated for Best Picture at the Acadamy Awards is back. This time as a ?live-action? hybrid movie. Again the cast is AMAZING, starring Emma Watson and Luke Evans, with a who’s who in backup roles. Menken, Ashman, and Rice are back as well in the music department. This looks to be a blockbuster in the making, not to mention a mashup of nerds everywhere (Hermoine, Obi-Wan, Magneto, Olaf, & P.L Travers)
- “Be Our Guest” – There are many things l love about the original. There is something about this Cabaret style number that just makes me smile. From the debonair of Lumiere to the charm of Cogsworth’s little dance, this is complete entertainment. It has been replayed and recreated again in Mickey’s Philharmagic. Not to mention I am a huge Moulin Rouge! fan and cannot wait to hear Ewan Mc Gregor’s version, suggesting to “Try the Grey Stuff 🙂 ” I hope this is just as delicious.
- That the staff has the same spirit that was in the animated movie. Yes, I know there are new characters… GREAT. I am just hoping that all of the Castle Servants retain the charm and character of the animated feature. I am a bit concerned seeing the first trailer and have not seen one since, but I sure am hoping to see something special.
- That the male leads hold up to the Emma Watson Standard. Let’s face it, Belle Rocks. She is quite the Disney Princess. I am hoping that the men in her life (Gaston& Prince/Beast) can come close to what I am hoping will be another amazing performance by Hermione. I know, I know, the prince had no role in the last movie, and the part he did have, was a letdown. This time I am hoping for more.
Amanda, what say you?
- Emma Watson. Need I say more? Hermione is my favorite Harry Potter character and Emma Watson did an amazing job of bringing her to life. Plus she’s an advocate for women’s rights. How could I not love her?!? I think she looks magical as Belle in the trailers and I couldn’t have chosen a better Belle.
- I love the score from the original Beauty and the Beast and I’m certain that the updated score by Alan Menken, Howard Ashman, and Tim Rice will be just as lovely. I can’t wait to hear new versions of old favorites and I’m hopeful that the new songs will be equally appealing.
- One of the most delightful parts of the original film is the household staff. Looking at the cast list, I expect them to steal the show again. How can you go wrong with Emma Thompson – one of my favorite actresses – as Mrs. Potts? Add Ewan McGregor and Ian McKellen as Lumière and Cogsworth and I have high expectations.
Special Guest Jessica Awotona, How about you?
- Emma Watson. I loved her in Harry Potter and I think her casting as Belle was perfect. She’s not only physically like Belle but in real life, she’s a feminist and smart. I think Belle is both of those things as well. I have liked her in the previews that I’ve seen so far and I’m interested to see her singing. Nothing will compare to Paige O’Hara but I want to see how she’s made the character her own. I was eight years old when the animated feature was released in theaters and grew up with Belle as my favorite princess. I loved that she was smart and loved books and even better, she was a brunette!
- Experiencing a familiar story in a new way with my daughter. My daughter is four years old and just getting to the age where she’ll sit through an entire movie in the theater. We’ve watched the animated movie a few times and she knows all of the songs by heart so it will be fun to watch the story with fresh eyes.
- The magic and the beauty (no pun intended) of the story. The animated movie of Beauty and the Beast was so pretty. The ballroom scene is iconic for its visuals and I am so excited to see what the new movie has in store. Computer animation has come so far in the last 20+ years, they could make anything their imaginations wanted!
Jessica Awotona (@jesscutler) made her first trip to Walt Disney World at the age of 7 and has been a Disney nerd ever since. She even started running to have an excuse to go to Disney even more! She lives in Acworth, GA (a suburb of Atlanta) with her husband, daughter, and three rescue dogs.
Ok .. now it’s your chance …
- Who was right?
- Who was wrong?
- What is your favorite?