Last week we asked… You and Julie Patton answered. The best thing about Moana was: the soundtrack!
Now let’s see what we will find this week!
Characters. Its one of the reasons to visit a Disney Park or resort. Sure they can be expensive, but there is no better way to meet Mickey or one of his pals in a more relaxed accessible setting, get a photo, and special autograph. Character meals have often been the centerpiece of a Disney Vacation.
- Cape May Café – I like Cape May Café any time of the day – the buffet for dinner is awesome but even better is the breakfast buffet because of the addition of the characters. This one is a bit more unique than the others because anyone – including Minnie, Donald and Goofy – can wear a bathing suit. I think it is above many of the others because this is generally quiet and easier to get an ADR than many of the other character locations. In my opinion, it has the same food as other breakfast buffet locations, but I think this one has slightly better quality. With its central location, it has great access to 2 parks in the morning.
- Mickey’s Backyard BBQ – There is a lot to like about Fort Wilderness, the openness, the get away from it all, its history, and the great outdoors. I have many great memories of this buffet, from the crazy antics of Chip and Dale to the ribs, corn, and beans (not to mention the open bar), and a full night of entertainment. I’m thinking its about time I went back!
- Chef Mickey’s Buffet – I am a big fan of the character interaction, and Chef Mickey’s has it all – all fab 5! I really enjoyed my time as a kid in Chef Mickeys, and have been reluctant to return due to the noise, cleanliness, and mayhem of my last visit mostly the overwhelming noise.
Amanda, what say you?
- I’m a sucker for the Fab 5 and Chef Mickey is a great place to see them. An easily accessible location for a pre-park breakfast, a mid-day break, or pre-fireworks dinner. The noise can be deafening but the buffet has a wide variety of options and, well, did I mention Fab 5???
- It’s off the beaten path but Mickey’s Backyard BBQ is a fun way to escape the madness of the parks and enjoy the outdoors. Fort Wilderness is an easy boat ride from the Magic Kingdom but still feels like it’s a world away when you’re there. There’s plenty of BBQ and no need for kids to sit still. Plus the Fort is a fun place to visit!
- Although there are many other good choices, I think dinner at 1900 Park Fare deserves the final spot. The buffet is surprisingly good and the characters are great fun. Where else can you argue with Lady Tremaine and her daughters over who is the step-child in their family? And for non-Princess loving brothers being dragged to Princess events, Prince Charming provides a rare human male presence.
Special Guest Kim Scharoff: How about you?
(*Disclosure – have not done Cape May Cafe for Breakfast) :
- Chef Mickey has to be my first cause who doesn’t love the Fab 5! The classic characters are great. Goofy is my favorite of that bunch. The buffet is good with lots of choices. Love the swinging of napkins with the characters.
- 1900 Park Fare Breakfast – yes, I need to specify the meal because the characters are different at Breakfast and Dinner. At breakfast, you get Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. The face characters are great because they will interact with you at a different level. The food is at a higher level than other places as well.
- 1900 Park Fare Dinner because the characters are great and the food is fantastic. Cinderella and her family make appearances. The stepsisters and stepmother are amazing! A number of choices on the buffet are great and there is something for everyone.
Kim (@kscharoff) is a Figment lover. She runs Disney as an excuse to go visit her home away from home as many times as possible.
Ok .. now it’s your chance …
- Who was right?
- Who was wrong?
- What is your favorite?